Anyone else have a Swim Spa?

Jun 18, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
We recently bought a Master Spas H2X swim spa. I know they are not very common, so I wondered if anyone else had one. We have had some issues with balancing the water due to the spa store giving us bad information, so I am starting to handle this on my own. I ordered a Taylor bromine test kit that should be here today. I appreciate all the information on this site. It has been hugely helpful. I'm sure I will have some questions soon!

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new swim spa!

We have used the dichlor then bleach process to maintain our tub for about 18 months now and are very happy with it.

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new swim spa!

We have used the dichlor then bleach process to maintain our tub for about 18 months now and are very happy with it.

Thank you! We just switched from chlorine to bromine, so I am trying to learn all I can. The spa place sure jacked ours up, so I think I am on my own. My Taylor test kit came today and I'm looking forward to using it. If only I could get the ph under control! My dumb strips always say it is low, but the spa place tests it and says it's high.

Trust your Taylor results. As per the sticky thread, get your TA down to 50-60 by lowering pH when it gets high. Then your pH rise will slow down dramatically.

# Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and spelling errors!

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Throw the strips away so you are never tempted to use them.

I plan to. I can't believe they ever recommend them to anyone. They are completely useless if you ask me.