just wondering

I suspect that is because with no sun, there should be very little reason for FC to be expended other than some minor residual organic matter. If there is something actively "brewing" or growing in the water, then the FC will be consumed much faster, hence the 1 ppm rule.

Having said that, I'm not the resident chemical expert. :) Let's see from other replies if I was close in my theory. :)

that makes sense, thanks. let me ask this, when my cya needs increased I use a couple of three inch pucks to bring it up, will the cya and fc for that matter get held up in the filter for a while, think I read for the stabilizer in a sock in the skimmer takes up to a week

No the CYA and FC is immediately in the water when the trichlor or dichlor dissolve.

The solid stabilizer is a different chemical makeup and take longer to fully dissolve into the water. Even when it is out of the sock, it may still not be fully dissolved into solution.

thanks a lot, on year 5 with tfp and have not been disappointed, tried telling friends with pools about it but they (with their green cloudy water) think im nuts, so i'v quit telling them, just invite them up to swim so they can tell me what I'm doin wrong . thanks everyone

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.