Lots of rain... Now to balance pool chemistry!

You will need to lower your PH to around 7.2- 7.4. You also need chlorine to raise FC level.
Your CYA is low for having a SWG, but we can address that last. We want to get the pool water clear first. Your CYA is at a good number to SLAM should you need to.

Have you done a OLCT to see what your overnight loss it?

You have pretty high TA, so lowering pH will help bring that down. pH will pop back up in a day or two. I get that your pool is approximately 11,000 gallons. A quart of 31.45% Muriatic Acid should get pH down to a good spot.

If things look cloudy, you want the FC up fast, just in case things are growing in there. I wouldn't wait for the SWG to catch up. Half a jug of plain clorox will boost that and the SWG should be able to keep it there.

You'll also want to think about raising CYA some. That will help the SWG keep up with the sunlight losses. If you go to the last row in poolmath and select the surface and SWG and TFP, it will show you recommended target levels for all your chemistry.

We use bleach here. The SWG is designed to help maintain you FC level once it is at level. Using the boot cycle will not raise it enough. Don't add the stablizer yet. Ad the muratic to bring down your PH.

Step 1 add bleach to raise FC to 4-5ppm
Step 2 1 hour later add muratic acid to lower PH 7.2-7.4
Step 3 re test FC and PH an hour later and post the numbers.

Since your water is cloudy, you will likely have to do a short SLAM. I'd you raise CYA now it will require you to use more bleach to clear the pool water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.