Ecostar vs Intelliflo: High Head Application

steelgtr

In The Industry
Oct 30, 2011
Hi guys

Long time service tech here. I have an inground spa on service that has the equipment 100' away and 3-5 feet below water level. It has a Pentair 200 sq ft single cartridge filter (new) and had an old 3HP Whisperflo pump that recently burned out. The system has always run around 30 psi even with a new cartridge and gave acceptable bubbles from the returns. (No booster or blower).

I've had good luck with the Ecostar pumps and figured that it should equal or exceed the old WF but after installing one I have very little flow (32 psi @ 3450 rpm). The pump basket is full, no cavitation, runs smooth, just not putting out like the old WF>

Is the WF a better high head pump than the Ecostar both being the highest powered available? I hope I didn't make a costly (to me) mistake here.

Appreciate any input!

bob

Hello and Bob! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post. Our apologies. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.