Solar Cover & Reel Advice - IGP 20X40

Fiddy

Jun 15, 2015
Hubbard/Ohio
Well I'm searching the internet for a solar cover and reel. From what I can tell it seems that the standard blue will be just fine (any advice please feel free). FYI - I have great sky view all day, at least most of it. Now for the reel, I know it's useless unless it makes it easier to operate so that it's actually used. My concern was that the cover is so large that some reels might struggle, or bow too much. If anyone has a reel that they've used for a similar size pool, please let me know.

thanks!

I'm a new pool reel and cover owner. I went with the Rocky's reel because of feedback from other users on the site here. They are not cheap and their is some assembly involved but as long as you have a good drill/driver that can handle a 1/2" concrete bit for the anchors, it works well. Took me an afternoon to assemble the reel including drilling out holes in the tube, putting in bolts etc. Then had to find a 1/2" concrete bit and drilled it out with my 18V cordless drill. Took some time and muscle but got it done. Anchors help IMMENSELY on the ease of rolling and unrolling. No sag in the tube even over a 21 foot spread. 1/4" hex bit is a must for drilling in self-tapping screws.

I bought the cheapest 8 mm cover I could find, happens to be blue. Wanted the light weight to make the big solar cover easier to handle. Seems to be doing well holding in heat at night. Wish we'd get some warmer weather. Since I installed the cover, highs have been in the 70s, lows in the 50s at night... Bring on the 80s and 90s!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.