evil Frog?

bkfamily1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2013
North Canton, OH
I thought I would start a new thread to ask this question. In my thread about green tinted water, SW commented "pull that frog system out pronto if you haven't already." I have seen a couple of other comments on the forums about the "evil" Frog systems. What is bad about them?

Amazing what you can learn from an MSDS!

So is there a good method for slow "continuous" chlorine addition? I could do metering pumps and injectors with liquid like in an industrial setting, but that seems a bit over the top. I assume the typical basic in-line chlorinator using pucks is the same issue as the BacPacs. I like the gradual addition since I do not have to worry about the pool as much if a period of time goes by without anyone in the pool. Once I get the addition rate correct, it stays good when not in use.

Injection pumps or a Salt Water Chlorine Generator are your two real choices. Figure a $1,000 if you wan to go salt or probably $400 or so to go with a Stenner Pump

Both are really just nice to have. Many folks just go out with thier morning coffee an pour in their daily dose of chlorine. After a few weeks of testing you will basically know what your pool needs and can add it almost automatically. Mine uses about 56 ounces of 8.25% bleach a day.

We did not go with swg because of concerns of corrosion of the rails of the auto cover which are embedded in the concrete below the coping. Is that a real concern?
Any time you have water and metal you will have corrosion. The salt levels in a pool are extremely low, so most think it is a non issue. But, there are pool builders and manufacturers who are dead set against it. I'll let others who have a swg chime in.

Oh, I really like my Stenner Pump;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.