Switching polarities on Aqua Rite

Jun 18, 2015
my airy, md
Moderator comment: This post was separated out from this thread: Switching polarities on Aqua Rite - low readings

hi i'm having a similar issue with one of my polarities, but instead of being different, one polarity shows 0.00 for amps and -0 for instant check. i can switch between them and the good polarity shows about 5 for amps and -3000 ish for my salt (sometimes when i check it's the good side, other times it's the zero side). we recently had the issue with power and generating lights going out after 20-30 seconds, so we replaced the limiter (which indeed was cracked down the middle). i also recently checked and sprayed out the cell (no apparent build up). it seems to be holding the chlorine levels although we've always had to run it at about 75% since we opened the pool, and we use well water. just wanted to see if i needed to take any immediate action because of the zero polarity side. thx, robin

With 75% and 12 hours of run time the SWG is putting out 2.2ppm of chlorine a day in your pool if everything is working properly. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but do plan on replacing the cell sooner or later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.