Intex Sand Filter Install-6 Way valve not seating on Center Pipe

Jun 19, 2015
Arlington TX
I am installing a Sand Filter for a 3000gph pump and the 6 way valve will not fully seat on the center pipe. There is too much space between the valve flange and the base which holds the sand. Almost like the center pipe is too high. The valve goes down on the center pipe and then stops and won't move any more.

It said before filling with sand to make sure that the center pipe was set in the center securely. Well, I had it set in the middle but it was not secure. It didn't seem to lock in place or anything and was easily moved. I had to be very careful when putting in sand not to move it around. Could it be that it was not fully seated???

I push down on the 6 way valve but it definitely does not want to close the gap so that I can put the flange holder with the two screws in it over the flanges.

What are my options? It would seem I need to remove the sand and start all over but I'm not really sure that's my problem. Could I be missing something???

If I need to take my sand out and start again, what's the best way to get my sand out without ruining it or losing it? I would hate to have to spend another $50 just for nothing.

Can I just pick it up and dump it into the wheelbarrow and then put it back in the base after I reset the center pipe?

The center pipe does not lock in. My guess is maybe you got some sand under the center pipe and that is why it is not low enough. You could take some sand out by hand and then see if you can reach to the bottom to make sure it is seated flat.

Welcome to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.