cuts at the bottom of my pool

after multiple test I discovered 4 cuts of 3''-4'' each, they are almost together on a space of 12''x7'', also the pool start to washout the sand floor, this has been happening for 3 days. what is the best way to fix it??
I am almost desperate!! afraid im going to lost the pool..

Buy a couple of "Big Job" patch kits or something similar at your local Ace Hardware store. The glue works well underwater, it's amazing stuff. Those kits include a piece of clear vinyl. Cut the vinyl so it's maybe 1-1/2" bigger than the cut you're patching, round the corners. Put the glue on the vinyl up top out of the water when you're 100% ready to make the dive. You don't say if it's in the shallow or deep end. You'll need to be pretty good at holding your breath and you'll need to be aggressive about this. The best way, of course, is with a scuba tank and a weight belt. Assuming you don't have these, you'll need to figure out a way to attach a weight to yourself or have someone up top actually hold you down with a vac pole/brush. Obviously, a communication system must be clear so you don't drown!

Patch one cut at a time, try to keep your patches as small as possible. The glue works well underwater and it works well after being applied and given a minute or so of stand time before being applied to the liner. Obviously, the liner surface must be as clean as possible, I usually am able to do this good enough with my fingers, cleaning it doesn't have to be a big production. If it's in the shallow end you'll be able to apply the patch and then use your bare feet to hold it in place and press the edges down, if not, you'll have to keep swimming up to catch and and swim back down to keep teasing those edges into place. After 4 or 5 minutes the glue will have set, after a few hours the patch will pretty well weld itself in place.

Try to avoid overlapping your patches, a patch on top of a patch is not good. If you try to patch all of the cuts with one patch, you'll really need to be able to stay down there and keep pressure on the patch and keep teasing the bubbles and wrinkles out of it and keep teasing the edges down until it sticks. Yes - you can take a tube of glue underwater with you and squeeze some under the edges where they're not sticking, but beware! Some (or much) of the glue will glob out and take off on you, there will be globules of glue floating up and around you, some may end up in your hair and who knows where. Practice is helpful, I've had plenty of it. I have scuba equipment, tho, and that makes a world of difference. You may have to call a pool pro. It's obviously critical this get fixed ASAP before the washout gets worse and turns into an entire liner job/retrowel.

CHAS .. THANK YOU
the cuts are in the deep end of the pool, and the wash out is almost an inch, what make difficult the patching process, can we do a big patch that covers all the cuts? I was thinking on apply pressure with a brick o something like that.... thanks for your response

- - - Updated - - -

one more question.. what size is the biggest patch we can use in a pool?

The bigger the patch, the more difficult it is to work with. I've put some patches as big as two feet long by a foot wide - it's a CHALLENGE! Used scuba to do it.

Sure, you can patch over all the cuts with one big patch but it will be tough. Will the patch be applied to the very bottom of the hopper where the floor is flat and level? If so, you may be able to rig up a way to place a brick and hold the patch. You'll need to be creative. Ideally, if there is a depression, the patch should be pushed and adhered to the contour of the depression. If you try the "bridge" the depression with the vinyl the water will eventually push the patch down anyway. The patch won't cooperate easily, you'll need to be in charge of setting and patting and teasing it into position. Once it's sticking, sure, a brick will hold it but you'll need to stay after the edges a bit. After a little set time it will lay flat, even where the edges aren't fully adhered.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.