Young mother and also 1st time pool owner

Mama B

Jun 19, 2015
bartlesville
To be honest I don't know what my pools is considered (name) its 26ft around and 48in. Deep and above ground. Need to know what its name is so I can buy or download owners manual. Also don't know how to maintenance it, vacuum, take care of pump and filter, ect.. So anyone who can I'd greatly appreciate any help or advice thanks
Brittany
uploadfromtaptalk1434703163614.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Welcome Mama B!

I recommend you go to Pool School. The information is invaluable and will help you to understand.

welcome :)

Start reading all you can and get a good test kit, it will make it so much easier to manage your pet/pool :)

TFTestkits.net The speedstir and XL option are great to have but not mandatory, they will help alot..

Hello Brittany, and welcome! All the links you see in this thread and our signatures contain everything you need. As others have said, the test kit is "extremely" important to keep your water clean & clear. Why? Because we've all learned (from personal experience) you cannot reply on pool store tests, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They don't read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need.

Golden rule - Avoid the pool store for testing, advice, or products. You simply won’t get the advice/service you deserve and you will waste money on products your pool doesn’t need. Do not add anything to your pool other than what is advocated by the TFP site or its experts. You’ll have a happier pool, spend less time maintaining your pool, and probably save some $$ in the process. The following are short articles from this site that you will see linked in my signature below: Pool School, Recommended Levels (for YOUR pool), PoolMath Calculator, SLAM, and the Chlorine/CYA Chart.

Once you get that recommended test kit (awesome by the way), let us know and we'll help keep your pool clean & clear all year long. :)