Advanced water testing

H2O_Keeper

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 8, 2008
SW Indiana
Kids and I wanted to "experiment" with our new TF100 kit and I did not want to go through a lot of reagents. I observed at a quick glimpse a few shortcuts that could cut down on Reagents needed for a test. Realizing that the corresponding result could be more or less accurate. Thought it could be a good thread over such advanced techniques. Anyone please chime in for extras, as a newbie user of a TF100 kit I noticed:

1. CYA - If you know your CYA results are going to come in high, especially greater than 40 you dont need the full mix. As long as your mix is 50/50 you could change up how much testing solution you make.

I am assuming things are linear....
2. Chlorine Drop test - If you weren't testing for CC AND needed to test at shock levels you could get away with 5ml of water and the multiplier be 1 for your drops. If its less than 5 might as well use the OTO. You could go the other direction and get greater than 0.5 FC resolution with more water.

3. Calcium Hardness - ???

Ooops another thread started over something very similar. I missed it, if I would of seen it I could of only added the option to make a smaller mixture of CYA mix.

Oh well, we brought fresh air to your great thread, thanks for the link.

Edit: [Mod's if it makes more sense move my content to Jason's thread, Thanks!]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.