Ontario
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
I have the following filter which when I started for the first time this past weekend was really loud. From what I've read is more likely the bearing are shot and need replacing.
Well I've reached the end of my limit in what I am able to do and looking for some insight on how to get the impeller and bearing out
Here are some pics of what I mean

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434670755.142786.jpg
This is the model of pump I have

I'm stuck here
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434670797.976419.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434670809.826032.jpg

Here you can see a c-clip, what is easiest way to remove??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434670848.174522.jpg

Any help would be truly appreciated

Thanks
Andre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so you know
I've tried unscrewing the bolt that shows on the front of the impeller but it doesn't turn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I thought those pumps were generally considered to not be serviceable. Looks like you have made some progress, but I have no idea what to suggest beside a C-clip pliers.

Update
Well after a 5hr battle last night with this machine, i've replaced the bearings and it's back to purring like a cat.
I will say that it did test my patience more than once putting this thing back together a few times but happy that i was able to get it working and save myself +$200 in buying a replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.