Amazon Prime

docxo

Jun 10, 2011
Carbondale, Illinois
I'm very late to opening my pool this year due to new construction of a pool house being behind schedule, but we're about to get it going. I was wondering if anyone had experience finding good deals on pool chemicals through amazon prime. I have a SWG but I think someone has broken it during the relocation of equipment. It won't power on at all so I need to tinker with it a bit to see what happened. I'm hoping they just installed the new keypad incorrectly. I can't bear the thought of going through a season without it, but if I'm going to be stuck buying chemicals for the next 2-3 months, I want to get the best deal. I'm in a semi-rural area with limited resources. I have a Wal-Mart, Rural King, and an overpriced pool store nearby.

I use amazon prime for everything :) but not bleach/chlorine, you can get almost everything you will need for feeding your pool from lowes and walmart :)

Right now it's filling up so I'm starting from scratch. I've used bleach in the past before my SWG based on pool school here, but it's been a few years so I had forgotten about it. I was mainly just curious about Amazon prime. It seems like I know folks who use it for anything and everything. It makes me sad to think I may have to purchase chlorine for a while. I think I've only shocked it once or twice in the past three years. My SWG is probably one of my most prized possessions :)

Since it's a new fill you could look at source of CYA on Amazon. I purchased some online last year but, shipping was expensive, price wasn't much better than buying small jugs at home improvement store and the granules we large and took a long time to dissolve. I'd pick that up wherever you can get HTH brand CYA or similar. Borax or baking soda (you may not need either) can be picked up as needed almost anywhere that sells laundry detergents.

I use Amazon when I need to order a part (i.e. just received a new ctg filter and O-rings), but the local grocery store is my source for bleach at just under $3. It's simply part of my normal grocery store shopping. It's standard operating procedures at this pool house. :) Easy stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.