2nd season pool and new refill of water

Spades

Oct 3, 2014
Riverside, CA
I just set up my pool yesterday and refilled with new water last night. This morning i perform a balance test, and as expected the pH is high, but what surprises me is the CYA is already around 30 without having added any chemicals yet. Am i incorrect in expecting CYA to be "0" with new water? Or should it have SOME CYA already in it? Last season was my 1st season ever of having a pool and i did OK and i have this site to thank for all the info ive learned here, not to mention the fun im having from actually doing the maintenance. Up until around September last year my water was sparkling clean, and thats when i learned about CYA /Chlorine relationships, so now im really critical to monitor that and im ready for another season, but this time armed with more knowledge :)

Spades, is it okay if I link to this thread the next time I see a question about why test strips aren't acceptable? :mrgreen:

It's great that you were able to recognize the discrepancy. :goodjob: Imagine if you treated the water according to the test strips?

The TF100 is the best buy, unless you have amazon prime and can get free shipping on a Taylor K-2006. If you want a TF100 and don't want to wait a week, here's a reseller in CA: Water Testing - TFTestkit TF-100 Seven Test Kit - TF-100

Spades, is it okay if I link to this thread the next time I see a question about why test strips aren't acceptable? :mrgreen:

It's great that you were able to recognize the discrepancy. :goodjob: Imagine if you treated the water according to the test strips?

The TF100 is the best buy, unless you have amazon prime and can get free shipping on a Taylor K-2006. If you want a TF100 and don't want to wait a week, here's a reseller in CA: Water Testing - TFTestkit TF-100 Seven Test Kit - TF-100

Absolutely you can link to this site, and thanks for the link. And yes i need something quick, doing some reading now the difference between the K-2006 and TF-100 and ill be ordering it here real soon

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.