replacing a salt cell

Jun 10, 2015
Glendale/Arizona
I have a salt cell from the company PoolEx which is based out of tempe, AZ and no longer exist. I am looking to replace this with another salt cell but i am not sure what type this salt cell is or what type to look for when purchasing a new system or cells. image1 (2).jpgimage1 (4).jpg not sure if this helps. Also this website is what i am looking at for those replacements. PoolEx - Saltcells.com

I am not familiar with that system. Seems like you should call the people at that website as they suggest.

One note is that it appears this SWG requires higher levels than most of the typical US SWG systems.
If you end up replacing the entire system with a more "modern" SWG, you may need to replace water to lower the salt level.

- - - Updated - - -

The pictures you gave are not even the SWG cell .... seems like you should be able to match up which design you have with the pictures for the 20 AMP cells.

did the 1 you have work? are you wanting a new cell or do you want to replace the entire SWG?

if replace, there are many good choices out now, here is a list of many of the systems Full Market Comparison of Salt Chlorine Generators

the circupool systems have a free next size upgrade for 6 more days :)

It is recommended to go 2 to 3 times the size of your pool, so if you have 20k gallons you would want a 60k cell....

image1 (5).jpg

sorry haha these are my cells. The one i have now i dont believe is working currently, they touch and move around a lot when pump is on. i know its hard to tell whats in the picture because its so unclear, as is my pool right now too. My filter is kicking back all the dirt back into the pool. I tried to filter it out and it comes out the backwash port and out the top. Ugh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.