Skimmer question

We have had our pool for 3 years now everything is great. But twice now in the last week I have came out to check on the pool in the morning and the basket in the skimmer is flipped up and cocked in the skimmer holding the door from opening all the way and making it hard for water to get in the first time I could hear something was wrong as soon as I went out not getting much water the second time this morning it was getting more water and not as noisy. Any idea's what is causing this? No one is messing with it not sure if a air bubble is in it when pump first turns on. I have the pump set to turn on at 5 am I usually check pool about 5:30 --5:45 am pump runs tell 10:00 am. I thought about putting something small and heavy in basket. But thought I would see if anyone else has had this problem or what is causing it. Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.