cya zero, adjust prior to treating swamp?

My pool is completely green. I had my water tested at Leslies yesterday, my CYA is at zero. Should I add stabilizer/conditioner "sock in skimmer"...and wait a few days, before I start hitting it hard with chlorine? Yesterday, I cleaned filter, brushed, added 8 gallons of kemtek liquid chlorine and 2 containers of united's "swamp treatment". Running pump 24/7. It's been 18 hours and the pool looks the same.

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

First, you have to decide if you are going to follow our methods or the pool stores, you can't follow both. The pool store is going to sell you magic potions that don't work.

I will tell you, it didn't turn green overnight and it will take time to clear. But, we can teach you how to get it sparkling and keep it that was for a lot less money than the pool store.

Not much credence is given to pool store testing around here. While you would think that a "professional" would be the best, unfortunately in most cases it is quite the opposite. Between employees who blindly trust the word of chemical sales representatives and high school kids working in the pool store for the summer you end up with poor results from their testing. But, what can you do?? We base our pool care system on accurate testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. To do that you need your own accurate test kit. Order a TF100 and at least include the XL option. That will give you what you need while you are clearing the pool, and probably enough reagents for a couple of years normal use.

While you wait for it to get delivered, you have a homework assignment. Start with Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis

Thanks for the reply. I have a taylor k-2006 arriving tomorrow. I read the Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis, unfortunately I found that after doing the swamp treat and 8 gallons of liquid chlorine. My question now, I put the stabilizer/conditioner in a sock then in the skimmer basket. Should I wait a few days before starting the treatment in " Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis "?
I would not add any chemicals based on Leslie's testing, especially CYA.

I have another, albeit a bit off topic, question. My sta-rite s8M150 is operating at 34psi, I've never seen it operating below 30psi even right after cleaning the cartridge's. Is this a normal operating pressure? Also, would this effect the pressure of the caretaker 99 in floor cleaning system? It doesn't seem to be operating very well...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.