Pentair Intellitouch Not Controlling AquaCal Heat Pump

doellg

Jun 18, 2015
Center Valley/PA
Just installed a Pentair Intellitouch automation system to control my 8 year old IG pool. Valve, light, pumps controls and thermostats, everything worked flawlessly when I fired up the Intellitouch, EXCEPT the control of my AquaCal Heatwave heat pump. I connected the two wire low voltage heater control on the Intellitouch to the Y-Z terminals on the heat pump microprocessor board as instructed by AquaCal documentation. Followed the AquaCal programming instructions for two wire controllers and all responses seemed OK. The problem is that the heat pump runs (both fan and compressor) all the time whenever the pump is running, regardless of temperature set point on the Intellitouch. I've rerun the AquaCal programming several times and I also replaced the low voltage wire, same result.

Would really appreciate any suggestions.

Hello and welcome to TFP! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting back to the top of the queue where hopefully some with experience with your question can provide some answer. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

From your indoor control panel (ICP):
MENU>SETUP>EQUIPMENT>SOLAR

WATER SOLAR PRESENT YES
SOLAR IS A HEAT PUMP YES

Press the save button.
Press the exit button.

Note: Since you dont have an Ultra-temp (Pentair) heat pump, do not try to configure the HEATPUMPCOMM section of the menu.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. Gave it a try unfortunately heat pump still runs whenever water is flowing, even when heat mode is set to off and when temperature set points are set well below current water temp. Air and water temp sensors both read accurately.

From your indoor control panel (ICP):
MENU>SETUP>EQUIPMENT>SOLAR

WATER SOLAR PRESENT YES
SOLAR IS A HEAT PUMP YES

Press the save button.
Press the exit button.

Note: Since you dont have an Ultra-temp (Pentair) heat pump, do not try to configure the HEATPUMPCOMM section of the menu.

Figured it out. I had the low voltage control line from the heat pump connected to the "heater" terminal on the Intellitouch controller board. Apparently it needed to be connected to the "gas heater" terminal. That was counter intuitive to me, but made the change and everything works fine.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. Gave it a try unfortunately heat pump still runs whenever water is flowing, even when heat mode is set to off and when temperature set points are set well below current water temp. Air and water temp sensors both read accurately.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.