Pool steps are too short!

Aug 9, 2014
Hi all, thank you in advance as you are all amazing!!

I have an intex 18x9 X2 ultra frame pool. I purchased a set of pool steps from craigslist last year. The problem I'm giving is they are too short for my pool. I was going to mount them on my deck just above my pool .
Is there a way I could build up the bottom to make them fit. I'm thinking of strapping those click clack foam mats to the bottom of the steps to build it up?
Will those foam mats cause a problem with my salt water system?
Any other thoughts?
Thank you in advance
Tim

Hi Tim. I suppose there are several options available to you, either stuff around the house or on-line. Although based on some other ladder threads I've seen recently, the one thing that comes to my mind is algae. Just see if you can find a product that will not only give you the extension you need, but will not be a haven for algae growth. Some items are simply more porous than we realize, and before you know it, it contributes to an algae bloom in your pool.

Other than that, perhaps some other TFP'ers will have a thought or two. Good luck!

Excellent advice.
I'm too stubborn to get rid of the steps too!!
I would rather go with sobering hard plastic.
Sort of like a small cooler.
That type of idea?
Thank you for the advice Texas splash cheers!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.