Vacation with SWCG

Jun 10, 2015
Ottawa, Canada
Hi,

trying to plan for when we leave for vacation.

readings are like this:
FC: 5
CC: 0
PH: 7.6-7.8
CYA: 50
TA: 90
CH: 500

SWCG set to 1 (lowest setting)
Weather hasn't been great recently, but SWCG is keeping FC at 5 being set at 1.
(which is why I don't want to raise CYA more, actually tempted to have it lower even if I'm already lower then recommendation).

Now for vacation:
- someone will come to water our plants and ensure pool water level is good and top up if needed.
- putting solar cover on, I'm worried that FC will climb to the roof by the time we are back (I can't set my SWCG lower to 1, which is set to 1 currently)
- If I don't put the cover on, I will get more evaporation and junk going into the pool (many trees around).

What are your recommendation?

Put the cover on, leave it at 1. It's not going to climb too crazy high... depending on how many days. How many days are you going to be gone? Leave them the basic K-1000 kit and if they get pumpkin orange on the TC test, show them how to turn off the SWG. You might want to drop the pH a little before going as well but not required.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.