Dolphin Pro - Debris from impeller and when removing from pool?

May 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Ran a used dolphin pro for the first time today while trying to clean up some dead algae and leaves after a SLAM.

Some things I've noticed:
1. While the pool cleaner is cleaning, occasionally some small debris will simultaneously come out from the top impeller.
2. When removing the pool cleaner at the end, a ton of dirty water and debris falls back into the pool while I'm lifting it out. (I've read to slowly tilting the cleaner out of the water, tried it during a second clean and didn't work)

Does this happen to anyone and any remedies? Also, when cleaning the robot, is it safe to just hose down the entire inside?

Thanks! This is the pool cleaner I have.

Shooting debris from the top because the bag/filters weren't fitting as well as they could have.

Too much debris coming out when you lift the robot out of the water is a sure sign you overfilled it with debris.

CTA,

I'm pretty sure they did not design the Dolphin to be used in place of a leaf rack.. :p

I can't think of any reason not to hose down the inside, except that it should not really be dirty. Everything should be going into the bag. If you have more that just a little dirt between the bag and the motor assembly, something is wrong. I assume you have the heavy cloth bag. I like that bag much better than the thin one that came with my Premier.

Jim R.

CTA,

I'm pretty sure they did not design the Dolphin to be used in place of a leaf rack.. :p

I can't think of any reason not to hose down the inside, except that it should not really be dirty. Everything should be going into the bag. If you have more that just a little dirt between the bag and the motor assembly, something is wrong. I assume you have the heavy cloth bag. I like that bag much better than the thin one that came with my Premier.

Jim R.

Haha I swear it was only a little bit! ;)

Not sure if it's heavy duty or not, but it is the cloth bag. The previous owner must have thrown away the two black clamps that go over the filter bag because I'm missing them, maybe that made a difference?

Hosed down the inside and wheels this afternoon. And then I spent half an hour trying to get it to sink but it kept floating :( I know that I'm suppose to slowly swivel/rotate it and try to release all of the air out, but even after no more bubbles were being released, it still would not sink... Any idea what might be the problem?? Thanks.

Sorry no, I've never had that problem. When I put them in the pool I will often turn them on their side or upside down to get the air bubbles out. Once the bubbles are gone they always fall to the bottom of the pool. I can't think of a thing you could be doing wrong...

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.