Anchors for safety rope

Jun 17, 2015
Fenton, MO
Hello - I'm,new to this site. I have cantilever coping and don't know which anchors to get or where to put them. I don't want to make a hole in my liner and don't want to drill into the concrete edge either...Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. :) This reply should get your posting back to the top of the queue where hopefully some with experience with your question can provide some answer. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Hi there,
welcome to TFP,

well, there really isnt much of an alternative to installing anchors either in the pool wall or the deck. I really wouldnt recommend putting anything through the liner.
May not be much of a choice but to put a concrete anchor into the deck. Something like linked below, and then put a Eye Bolt in it to connect the rope to. The eye bolt cold be removed if you wanted to, leaving just the anchor in the deck. Thats about the only suggestion I can give you
Swimming Pool Brass Anchor for Loop Loc in Ground Winter Safety Covers | eBay

Hello - I'm,new to this site. I have cantilever coping and don't know which anchors to get or where to put them. I don't want to make a hole in my liner and don't want to drill into the concrete edge either...Any suggestions?

Definitively recommend the Loop-Loc style anchor from DD's post. You won't need anything else except maybe the brass masonry anchor collar that goes with it. The collar normally sits flush to the deck but you can use it by lifting it up when the anchor is extended up, to create a lip for the rope so it won't slip off. You may not need it but it would surely keep the rope on.
You'll just have a loop in the rope that goes around the anchor. When not in use, the anchor just gets screwed down and is either flush with the deck (no collar) or sits up just slightly if the collar is in use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.