percentages in Bleach

Jun 9, 2015
mississauga
I was looking at some different brands of bleach today while I was out, trying to get a feel for the best bang for my buck.
I noticed that most bottles do not list the percentages on the bottle anywhere. Is there a list here with the numbers, or another way I can find out?

Like what was said. Most will be listed. If not then it's most likely not a good deal. I take it this was off brand or house brand. What was the name and I'll look it up. If you find 8.25% in the 121 oz, just move the decimal in the price over one to the left. That's the price per oz you are paying per active oz.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

I am not sure what brands there are here, I'm in Canada.
I will keep looking around though. I know Canadian tire sells Purox which is 10.8% and it states that it's chlorine, so maybe that is as close as I will get
Funny, as soon as I read as far as Canada thought Canadian Tire. You can get anything there.....

10.8% is good, depending on the price and age.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Almost all brands I checked out had no info listed, even the Clorox concentrated

Clorox concentrated does not list the percentage on their SCENTED bleaches, but they do on the unscented regular concentrated (not splash-less or outdoor) bleach. In addition to the percentage of sodium hypochlorite in the ingredients, it also lists the % Available Chlorine.

After reading through some old posts on here, it seems a lot of Canadians said the same thing. No active ingredient percentages listed, not even on the clorox concentrated (unscented)
I wonder if its because we have different regulations here than the U.S.

Based on what the other Canadians said, it looks like I'm stuck using 10% chlorine in 5L bottles, not sure if the price is a good deal or not ( I'm in canada and things are way more expensive) good thing the weather here is only nice enough to use the pool 8 wks a year.

I think I will go with salt water next year.

A good deal is relative to location and availability as much as it is to concentration and jug size.

For instance, If Wal-Mart and a grocery store are right next door to each other and selling the same concentration, but Wal-Mart is shaving $0.25 off the price, it's a no-brainer. Wal-Mart every day of the week and twice on Sunday. But if 12.5% Na-CIO is available in Hamilton for the same price, you may think twice about driving there if the only objective is to buy chlorine, considering the price of fuel.

My hubby was just saying that he believes we don't have 8.25 bleach here in Canada, anything that high here is labelled Chlorine in stores

yes Canada does have over 8%… You won't find it at your Walmart type stores… You're best off to contact your local feedmill ...or chemical supply house… In order to get it over 8% most of the time you have to buy 20 L at a time… Personally my Canadian pool I run with Walmarts own brand of bleach… The small bottle is concentrated to 7.25% and a larger bottle is 4.25%… Depending on what's on sale is what I buy… I bought six cases of the larger (3.6L) bottles at $2 a bottle last week...

BTW since I have pools on both US and Canada sides I maintain, (I live on the border), I know it's cheaper to buy bleach in Canada at least in my locale... Menards wants over $3.50 a jug for noname 4%-5% bleach...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.