How to repair vermiculite bottom?

Jun 17, 2015
MA
I'm replacing my IG pool liner. There are some cracks (up to 2" x 30") and soft spots (up to 8" x 8") on the vermiculite bottom. A few of them are below water table. I can pump out most of the water, but can never keep the bottom dry, since water keeps seeping through.

I know the thorough solution would be to install a well point. But I'm afraid I don't have the time and effort to do that. So, I'm thinking some other solutions, for example, using hardening formula or mixing more Type III Portland cement with the premixed vermiculite (which I have two bags now). I'm looking for experience and advices from your guys. :) Anyone has experience/advice with repair work under wet condition?

Thanks in advance!

Henry, hello and welcome to TFP. Sorry its taken so long to reply. Your post has been in the queue, we're just watching for someone to reply who has experience with the issue you are asking about. We're happy to have you with us and hope you enjoy the TFP experience. Have a nice evening.

Hi Henry, I am in the process of getting a new liner installed. I saw your post so I asked the installer what he used to patch some spots on mine yesterday. He said it is vermiculite mix, he applied it with a trowel. I have no well point also, he used a sump pump put in one of the drain holes to remove the water.

Thanks Ernie!

Hi Henry, I am in the process of getting a new liner installed. I saw your post so I asked the installer what he used to patch some spots on mine yesterday. He said it is vermiculite mix, he applied it with a trowel. I have no well point also, he used a sump pump put in one of the drain holes to remove the water.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Texas Splash! :) Google search brought me to TFP, more than once! Absolutely one of the best resources!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.