Vinyl Liner Pool near Pittsburgh (install and pictures)

Well, since photobucket killed all of my pics, I figured I would update some newer ones to the first post.

EDIT: Before and after pics:

44874793991_977612b16e_b.jpg

44154439554_5f629f6842_b.jpg

31001940788_8bfb2720f2_b.jpg

31001941408_6015ce7ba4_b.jpg

31001941778_bc3b1ec2be_b.jpg

I figured I would update this thread since it has been a while. Looking forward to opening the pool this year. Here are a few pictures from last year.

Pool by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

IMG_1582 by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

IMG_2320 by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

IMG_2427 by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

Hope you enjoy!

Mr. Wolfe

Hi all, I am somewhat new to this forum, but did use it as a resource.

We started off by putting a pretty large retaining wall in and removing a substantial amount of earth.

I have more pictures of the actual pool installation at home, but not on me.

We decided to go with Gold Pebble liner color as I was looking for a more natural color - blue/green or Caribbean.

Starting to fill:

Starting to take on that "soapy" blue color that I was hoping for.

Getting a little help from the rain.

Take a little break for a quick (and cool) swim.

Some more help.

Ok, that's enough!!!

2 minutes later...

How it sits today.

We have electrical finishing up today, fence this weekend, and hopefully concrete next week. I will keep updating this thread with picture updates. Thanks for looking!

Mr. Wolfe

It's looking great! The best pictures are those of the happy kids in the pool, right?!!!! Thanks for sharing! Take care. Suz.

Thanks and absolutely. The kids are the main reason for the pool. So many of my childhood memories involved our pool growing up.

Looks Great!!! What color is the liner? Huge wall, I am in the process of doing a wall, not cheap.

They are not cheap. I had a pretty good hookup and it was still incredibly expensive. The color of the liner is Gold Pebble. It literally looks like pebbles, but as you can see from a distance, it takes on a brown tone. I wanted a liner that gave no false blues. i.e., the color of the water is a natural blue - not what you see through the liner. Thanks all for the compliments.

Mr. Wolfe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Love the shape! Looks like what we are putting in. Hoping to start in a couple weeks and the liner is my most difficult decision! I keep going back and forth between gray or tan. I love your photos - very pretty water!!

Love the shape! Looks like what we are putting in. Hoping to start in a couple weeks and the liner is my most difficult decision! I keep going back and forth between gray or tan. I love your photos - very pretty water!!

Good luck with the pool. We thought about gray as well. Our final decision was to use the gold pebble because it looks like the concrete aggregate that will be around the pool. Either way, brown or gray will look good!

Mr. Wolfe,

Have you thought about a jumping rock????????? I think it would fit in with your colors and area better than a board!

pool jumping rock - Google Search

Jump Rock Pool Design Ideas, Pictures, Remodel & Decor

I love the pics! Happy kids!

Kim

Hi Kim, I have thought about the jumping rock. To be honest, I kind of forgot about it. I do prefer the look of them. Here is a picture of one of the pools that was my inspiration. Same shape, same liner and steps, and it has a jumping rock!

Mr. Wolfe

It reminds me of Barton Springs in Austin, TX - one of my favorite places growing up. Breathtaking in beauty and cold water! Last time I went several years ago, it was not the same. They were letting all the weed grow throughout the pool and the scum build on the floor.

So please, don't let that happen to your pool!!! LOL!!!! Congratulations on such a gorgeous pool! Take care. Suz.

Wow, thanks for the love guys! I will admit that going with a tan liner takes a little guts as everyone in my family (along with my friends) questioned me about it. Now that the water is in, it is exactly how I envisioned it - maybe even better. I will most certainly keep updating this thread with new pictures. I am laying out the concrete today as my concrete guy is coming to give a final quote. Hopefully he can start next week. The electric will be finished today so minus concrete, it should be a working pool.

Mr. Wolfe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.