Hi from Plymouth Meeting, PA

Hi,

I am JB, a maintenance tech at an apartment complex with a 120,000 gallon chlorine pool. There are three of us and none of us is a CPO, just Certified (PA Dept. of Agriculture) Pesticide Applicators. Basically we're allowed to put chemicals in the pool but we don't have real "pool training" to know how to really control the water chemistry and deal with the equipment. We have sand filters and a Waterco TCF C75 chlorinator.

Our issue right now is the chlorinator keeps airlocking and needing to be bled/primed all the time. Our pool company rep showed us where an air leak was and we corrected it, but our chlorine level went from 5 ppm to 1 ppm overnight, the filters needed to be bled again and the chlorinator was airlocked again today.

If anyone has any tips or tricks for detecting an air leak and fixing our issue we'd appreciate it.

Hello JB and welcome to TFP! You three have quite to pool there to maintain. While I cannot personally confirm what may be the cause of your air leak/lock issue, I trust one of our members may be able to assist. Just wanted to welcome you and let you know we received your posting. Have a nice day.