Installing Hayward TW Skimmer on dual suction Intex Ultra Frame Pool

ShMiRa

Jun 17, 2015
Parsonsburg
Hi everyone! Been lurking and researching for some time and have a question that I haven't seen covered. I have a 22' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame pool that came with dual suction ports and one return port. This is my first upgrade from the Easy Set branch and so far, things have gone smoothly. I DESPISE the over-the-wall Intex skimmer and have purchased a Hayward thru-wall skimmer and ball valve to install. Where should I install this skimmer? The return is in a superb position to put the skimmer without having to cut the liner (existing hole), and is higher than the suction ports. I've seen posts where members have switched the flow cycle using the return as the intake and the dual suction ports as returns. I have an Intex SF70110 sand filter and an Intex Krystal Clear SWG for filtration and chlorine generation. Anyone have any feedback or advice?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.