Pentair VS Pump and Hayward Aqualogic Controller

eric99gt

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Houston, TX
Was hoping to get some assistance with programming my new pump. As I understand the Hayward aqualogic cannot provide an interface with the VS pump. With this in mind I have it set so that the aqualogic provides power to the pump twice a day through the timers menu. When this happens the pump turns on to whatever the last selected speed was on the pump panel. Without purchasing a separate controller is there a way to program the pump to run at different speeds during the time the aqualogic is providing power? As an example could I use the aqualogic to set the first run time of the pump from 6am to 7am and concurrently use the pump interface to indicate that between these times the pump run at high speed for skimming. Then for the 2nd run time set it up say from 7am to noon and concurrently use the pump interface to indicate that between these times have the pump run at say 1500 rpm for filtering? Hopefully using the right terminology here so it makes sense. Appreciate any assistance.

Eric, we haven't forgotten about you. :) Your question is best-suited for a specific audience that just hasn't caught-up to all the threads yet this morning ..... or are still having a late coffee. :) Hang in there and someone will get with you soon. Have a good day.

You might better off wiring the pump to have constant power independent of the Aqualogic. You can then use the built in timer on the pump to set your schedules which would be far less complicated and you don't need to buy any additional equipment.

Thanks Brian. I believe the pump already is wired for constant power. The reason I say this is because even when the aqualogic timer is set for the pump not to run the panel on the intelliflo has power to the display. I didn't wire this in as I had a service company install but would this sound right?

Yes, pretty sure if it is on it is on. My VS pump is wired directly to the breaker and when I turn off the breaker the display is off. It might be possible that one leg of the 220 is wired direct and powering the control panel and the other leg is wired through the aqualogic.

Agree with bdavis to use the built in timer function on the pump to control stop/start times and pump speed.

So assuming there's already constant power, will the built in timer on the intelliflo function to turn the pump on, even if the pump is not being indicated as turned on from the aqualogic?

- - - Updated - - -

Also if using the timer on the pump will I have any issues with the swcg? As in does the aqualogic control require that the logic show that the pump is on prior to allowing the swcg to start working?

If you are using the comm cable off the pump to the Aqualogic, then disconnect it. The pump will run on its own through its own internal timer.

The SWG has a flow switch that will not allow it to function without water flowing so the pump would need to be on for it to work.

There is a unit called the "Pump Link" made by Upstream Controls that can translate the Hayward pump commands into Pentair ones. this allows you to run either a Pentair pump from Hayward control, or Hayward pump from Pentair control. I know it is available on Ebay.

Reactions: CajunCoding
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.