CH & Vinyl

wrems

May 7, 2015
River Falls, WI
Is there any point to caring about CH values with vinyl liner? Can it be too high/low? I've been ignoring it based on the information I've read here, but I still occasionally test for it. Is it even necessary to test for it? My CH is 160. I really don't know if that means anything in the grand scheme of TFP.

Is there any point to caring about CH values with vinyl liner? Can it be too high/low? I've been ignoring it based on the information I've read here, but I still occasionally test for it. Is it even necessary to test for it? My CH is 160. I really don't know if that means anything in the grand scheme of TFP.

With a vinyl pool CH is not a huge concern. Your CH is fine at 160.

I have a plaster pool and I measure my CH for two reasons. The first is if I do not have sufficient CH it can leech it from the plaster which will make it weaker and will deteriorate. This should not be an issue in a vinyl or fiberglass pool.

The second reason is if the CH is too high it will start build up on the surface of the pool or scale. This is an issue for plaster and fiberglass pools. Unfortunately I do not know if a vinyl pool can or will scale. However since my tile is a smooth surface I can only assume that vinyl can also get CH scaling. I believe this would be a worry if it was over 400 or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.