Pool Tile Color?

Eddd

May 5, 2015
Frisco, TX
I chose the WetEdge Bermuda color for the pool surface, which is a light gray base with blue/charcoal speckles. I am second guessing my tile choice. I chose a navy-ish blue tile color, which I really like (seems to pull out the blue speckles from the WetEdge product), but I would like your input.

My pool will have OK flagstone coping, Belgard Paver decking (Hill-Country), and an OK stone chopped block wall along the back half of the pool. I am not sure I want to go with the earth tones as many folks are choosing, seems like there will be a LOT of earth tones around, so I'd rather enhance the pool water... that said, please advise!

Samples of tile I chose:
NVCC-636-Pool-3-550x275.jpg

NSGO-636-Install-500x250.jpg

my pool graphic:
Gallacher, Keith4_003.jpg

I absolutely love the blue tile you chose! It's gorgeous! If it were me, I would keep that. I am partial to blue waterline tile. I did a blue glass tile sprinkled around the pool. I could not find a blue waterline tile to complement the glass tile, so I finally went with a beige waterline tile. But if I hadn't used blue glass tile, I would have had blue tile for the waterline.

If you're second guessing your choice, what are the alternates you're considering? Good luck! Suz.

We felt the same way about all the natural colors. We also chose a blue color from wetedge- satin matrix Tahitian blue and are doing Oklahoma coping and an OK chopped block wall. We are using Noble Tile Crystal Lake. It os blue but has some brown tones. Here is a pic

1efc3a69f3b0ee346b0f41f6d1b7e5c7.jpg

Here it is in a pool a few houses down.

b0e7f40a1739da5d65e034f45ac3bdd1.jpg

Personally I hate blue tile, especially when it doesn't go with anything else. The worst combination I have seen is red brick coping with blue tile. Anyways personally would choose a tile that goes with your deck and coping better, especially since you have that wall in the back. I think it would look a lot better with a gray/sand-ish tile

zspc88.jpg

We are using the tile you posted in the first photo.

I personally felt with tan coping and tan stone raised bond beam adding more tan/brown to the edge of the pool would be too much. My pool designer agreed that is why we have blue.

One thing I didn't like was the stark white grout so I changed my grout color to better blend with the stacked stone wall instead of being just white.

@Texas Splash -- I know, right?!? But I had to ask!!!

- - - Updated - - -

If you're second guessing your choice, what are the alternates you're considering? Good luck! Suz.

The alternate would be a gray or a beige, but I think I'm sticking with the blue :)

- - - Updated - - -

(do I need to get your lock and key to help you lock it in? LOL)

Exactly what I needed Kim, LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

We are using Noble Tile Crystal Lake. It os blue but has some brown tones.

We looked at a tile similar (just with darker blue), I like how it ties the blue/brown. The one I picked does have a touch of earth tones, but just a touch. Mostly blue though. Looks great :)

- - - Updated - - -

stark white grout

Agreed -- my PB said they would basically match it the best they can to try and make the grout blend in with tile... and not pop with white.

Funny, my husband is leaning more towards your color tile and I am looking more muted (like the blue with the browns and grays). Honestly, I think they are both beautiful. I am no decorator (as evidenced by the lack of curtains in my house), so I really can't give a good opinion. However, we had the blue that you have chosen in our last pool with a white pebble and gray concrete deck and it was very pretty.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Personally I hate blue tile, especially when it doesn't go with anything else. The worst combination I have seen is red brick coping with blue tile. Anyways personally would choose a tile that goes with your deck and coping better, especially since you have that wall in the back. I think it would look a lot better with a gray/sand-ish tile

zspc88.jpg
I need your help. We have an existing covered red/pink brick paver patio. So we will use the same brick pavers for our deck. What color water line tile would you suggest ? We will have an 18" retainer wall on the back side of the pool. Trying to decide whether to use split stone travertine or tile or a combo ? Our coping will be light travertine . Our pool finish is Wet Edge Prism matrix Blue Lagoon ( aquamarine ) Please help ! I'm so confused ??

I need your help. We have an existing covered red/pink brick paver patio. So we will use the same brick pavers for our deck. What color water line tile would you suggest ? We will have an 18" retainer wall on the back side of the pool. Trying to decide whether to use split stone travertine or tile or a combo ? Our coping will be light travertine . Our pool finish is Wet Edge Prism matrix Blue Lagoon ( aquamarine ) Please help ! I'm so confused ??

I would try an do something similar in color to the coping if I were you. Either that or if you can find a tile that is roughly the same color as the pool surface, not just generic blue though

See like here I think the blue tile just seems out of place
NSGO-636-Install-500x250.jpg

agreed with the pic above - but it looks bad (to me) because of the brown underneath. This pool is also a greenish tint with blue tiles.
I've decided to stick with blue, it is more like the other pic (than this one), and it matches the blue speckles in my aggragate pool finish.
If it all goes to plan, the blue tile will pull out the blue water and enhance the blue speckles, which will look great against all the earth tones around it.

-Edd

Thanks for your suggestions ! We might go with an aqua waterline tile,that will tie in with our Wet Edge finish. On the 18" wall, stacked stone, use the same light travertine as our coping,may add some of the same tiles where the waterfalls are.

I chose the WetEdge Bermuda color for the pool surface, which is a light gray base with blue/charcoal speckles. I am second guessing my tile choice. I chose a navy-ish blue tile color, which I really like (seems to pull out the blue speckles from the WetEdge product), but I would like your input.

My pool will have OK flagstone coping]
If you're getting a SWG system, are you sure you want OK flagstone? You're gonna need to spend time/money keeping it sealed. My SWG pool is close to completion and my coping is concrete with some kind of greyish/blue tile that my designer suggested. The rest of my deck is supposed to be stamped or brushed concrete, I'm hoping we can do something about changing the look of the coping when we do the deck.

bRX9JM_IT_SUZu13C8slFNhIuJhU-c6c0Qlg72uW2qo=w1557-h575-no

@We_Like_It: I'll seal it, but yes this is a concern. I hear LOTS of conflicting stories on how much damage will actually happen due to salt. It is obviously a corrosive risk, but we decided to go for it. With the stone sealed, the salt issues should be diminished a LOT. I have a friend that has had flagstone at his salt pool for almost a decade -- no issues at all.

@tedujam: the decking will not do anything to the coping. Also, careful if you do stamped/stain concrete, you'll need to seal that, and sealed concrete can be slippery when wet. That said, that coping looks nice and clean!

- - - Updated - - -

by the way... brushed concrete is probably around $6-8 per sq.ft., stamped/stained concrete is probably around $12-16. You didn't figure all that out before signing a contract? We just signed recently and almost every specific is detail is laid out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.