New Gas Heater for SWG Pool

Oct 14, 2009
My Hayward gas heater has to be replaced because the water jacket has corroded. This is my second gas heater in 7 years. The repair man said he thinks it is because of the salt water. I use my Taylor Test Kit to constantly check my water and maintain all of my levels. He recommended that after we replace the heater that I take a sample to the pool store on a regular basis to have documented proof that my water is balanced. We keep the pool open year round and heat it up a few times each month during the winter to swim. Then from March-Oct, I keep the temp comfortable for swimming. Do you have a recommendation for a gas heater that can handle the increased use and the salt water? Thanks for the advice!

Thanks for the reply! What do you think could be causing it to rust out. I use the pool year round so it gets lots of use. I also heat to about 94 in the winter, not all the time but a few weekends a month. Could the salt and high heat have an impact on the heater? I really am careful about my chemicals and maintaining appropriate levels.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.