Did anyone happen to see....

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
Key West, FL
"Groundbreakers" on HGTV? On Saturday morning the show featured a couple spending hundreds of thousands to perfect and landscape their yard, using chemical-free but environmentally friendly products and plants, to help protect their son who has Autism and allergies. They were so excited about their planned pool that had a beach entrance and would NOT USE ANY CHLORINE and wouldn't that be great for their son!....they were thrilled because they didn't want to expose their son to any chlorine and then went on to explain how the copper ionization system did not require ANY CHLORINE and the water IS SO SAFE YOU CAN DRINK IT. :shock:

Needless to say I dashed off a polite email to HGTV and the shows producers. If they are concerned about that is admirable but they would be better off with NO pool than to use a ion system alone. I would love to see an update in 5 years to see what happens to that pool.

Arrggh. That really irked me. Talk about Pooliosis Joyce!

Yep, saw part of the show. It made me sad. :cry:

Do you know the show # and if it is available on demand? I would really like to have time to see the whole show and feel certain that many of our members would also be interested.

If you get a response from HGTV or learn of a follow-up show, please let us know.

Thanks for the catch! :)

I just caught it when they started talking about not using chlorine. Didn't hear why though. I think those people were "Pool Stored" :hammer: Ehh, they'll be here in a few months... "My pool won't stay clear. I have an Ion system and they told me that was all I needed. :roll:

Also saw another similar show where the people put in a Salt system and were so happy because they didn't have to have chlorine in the pool.

Adam

We had that show on in the background Saturday morning. When they were talking about the copper ion system I told my wife that they were misinformed. Copper ions may work OK for killing some algae, but as I recall they don't do anything to bacteria. :(

Indeed, it seems that couple got pool stored. :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.