Saltwater system?

why cant I edit it now. im tryng to add a pic from my phone but can get to the edit page
its telling me to register???? after i just edited it from there

ok on my permissions on my phones browser it says I cant do anything
no post
no edit
no attachments
no replys

This is not going to work. There is far too much info for you to try to relay over TXT messages.

You have been a member for 4 years, so you should know the methods we teach and how to clear up a green pool with the SLAM process. Do they even have a good test kit?

I might have been a member for 4 years. But that doesn't mean I was active for 4 years. I didn't have any problems with my pool the whole time. Thanks to the skilled help I received here. Thanks again.
I hate to have to say this but I know what the difference will be between me communicating to her and her bumbling her way through it.

Believe me you would rather have the communication lag then have to deal with her trying to comprehend.

If you will have just a little patience with this thread I'm sure things will go just fine.

I just don't know what to ask her to find out what you need to know about a salt water system. Do they all work about the same? Are there different systems that actually turn your pool into a large salt water tank or do they just produce Chloride with no salt in the swimming water?

So besides the testing equipment are there any other beginning questions that need to be asked to find the correct solution. Whew.

Thanks

With water like that ... the SWG is the last thing you need to worry about.

They need a test kit and then need to follow the SLAM process until they pass the 3 criteria to stop. Once all of that is done, then start to dial in the SWG.

At this point they have a 40% variation on pool size :shock:

Um you never answered my question about salt water systems. Are there all the same and looks like you are saying just treat it as a normal chlorine pool and stop the green. Great I can explain that to her but can't do it for her because she's 200 miles away.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So yes. In order to SLAM a pool, it is recommended to turn off the SWG and treat it like it was a normal bleach pool until after the SLAM is complete.

Basically with a SWG you add about 3000ppm of salt into the pool. The SWG then converts this salt to chlorine. When the chlorine breaks down it turns back into salt. The only thing that is lost in this process is a few molecules of water. They all work about the same though, as long as her unit is large enough to handle her pool.

The issue is with a pool in that state, it would kill her SWG cell trying to keep up, which it never will be able to.

Also read this: Recommended SWG Levels They are different than a normal pool. This is after the SLAM though. Again, during the SLAM, treat it as if it were a normal bleach pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.