Jun 16, 2015
Clarksville
My husband and I bought an Intex 14x42 Ultra Frame pool with the Intex saltwater system. My husband and his friend hand dug the place for our pool, as our yard is extremely sloped. So, we are now to the point of making sure it's level. I have wanted a pool for our kids since we moved in this house almost 10 years ago, so I'm very excited. Want it to be perfect. Should we get sand to put the pool on? Any suggestions and advice for us is appreciated!!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Some people put down sand, others use insulating foam, others use tarps/gorilla pads. Lots of options.

Very important to ensure you are within 1" level all the way around and to level by digging down ... sounds like you are heading in the right direction.

Nice to see another "Newbie". Remember, to stay ahead of the game (if you haven't done so already) please consider ordering a TF-100 or Taylor K2006 test kit. (Link below) The proper test kit is everything. Why? Because we've all learned (from personal experience) you cannot reply on pool store tests, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They simply don't read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need.

My Golden rule - Avoid the pool store for testing, advice, or products. You simply won’t get the advice/service you deserve and you will waste money on products your pool doesn’t need. Do not add anything to your pool other than what is advocated by the TFP site or its experts. You’ll have a happier pool, spend less time maintaining your pool, and probably save some $$ in the process. The following are short articles from this site that you will see linked in my signature below: Pool School, Recommended Levels (for YOUR pool), PoolMath Calculator, SLAM, and the Chlorine/CYA Chart.

Hope you enjoy your time with TFP. Happy swimming! :swim: