Above Ground Pool owners, what is the best automatic pool cleaner??

Jun 14, 2015
Graham, Texas
I have (had) an aquabug, never cleaned well for me. Looking for something that will work even if it costs a little more!!
I have to have one with a long cord because my pool is 32 x 18 most of the aquabots are for smaller pools has anyone used a dolphin on a AGP?

While there is no "best" cleaner, there is a tendency to buy more cleaning power as you pay more money for the cleaner.

That's a pretty good size pool and I wouls suggest you need a robot somewhere in the 500-800 dollar range to keep your pool in really good shape. A Dolphin in that price range would work well but other brands will, also.

I have a 33' round AGP and I use a Red Leopard Orbit cleaner in mine. I let it run 4-5 hrs, every other day when the pump is on and have been very pleased at how clean it stays all the time. Without the Orbit, there is a couple of "dead" spots in the pool where I feel it doesn't get good circulation due to the fact that I only have one skimmer & return but the Orbit keeps the water mixed very well. I also have a huge pecan tree about 20 ft away that drops stuff in the pool from time to time. I use a battery powered cleaner with a bag on my telescoping pole for things like sticks and pecans and then let the Orbit pick up anything else. One day, I may invest in a robot to pick up the larger stuff instead of the battery powered one but so far can't justify the price difference. :)

I have the Aquabot s250
The yellow one with 4 wheels for my 16x32 oval A.G pool.
Prices range from 375 or so to 475 depending where you look on the net, even walmart, bought mine through WayFair only because I had enough " reward points"
Plenty of cord ,I think you might even be able to order 2 versions, one with a shorter cable or longer .
The elastic band on the 2 bags will deteriorate after 2 years and will not stretch tight around the inlet ports.
I now use zip ties for those.
Will run for 1 or 2 hours, doesn't climb walls,after running for awhile always wants to stay in one end of pool so you will have to re position at the other end.
Doesn't pick up silt, but then I have found nothing that really does other than my pool blaster and installing a micro bag and in that add a skimmer sock,works well but clogs easy.Hate to drag out vac. hose and lose water.
Never had a problem with the Aquabot.Cord very rarely if ever tangles.Comes with 2 styles of bags, always used the finer ones, I don't have trees to worry about leaves or larger debris.
Always, as with anything open up and let the sun dry out when finished.
I wish DeWalt would make battery operated vacuum, one that actually runs as long as they claim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.