New Pool Cost - North Texas

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Any pool cost is going to be greatly dependent on size, material, and extras (like decking). Lots of TX builds going on in the Construction area so you can likely find some costs listed.

It strikes me as weird that the PBs were even quoting a rough price without first knowing some basic details like size and layout (decking, etc). You are calling right at the height of the busy build season so I suspect they may be trying to push you off if they have a lot of work booked.

Question - what was your price expectations? What kind of pool are you looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually contacted them about 3 months ago and they stated that they start in the $40's and when I mentioned the size of our yard we were told they have a basic beginning size so even if we build smaller than that the cost wouldn't change, wouldn't be worth it for their contractors to come out for anything less. I guess we were thinking somewhere around 25k to 30k may be a starting point. I really would like a basic rectangular pool with attached spa, nothing deeper than 5 ft. I don't remember my yard size at the moment but don't think I need anything bigger than a 8x20? not sure really, I just want something I can cool off in and swim a few laps for exercise, plus my husband wants the spa/hot tub.

Unfortunately, asking how much to have a pool built is like asking how much to build a house. There are soooooo many variables it's not funny. I like to consider a few things when considering a pool:
- What will be the swimmer load?
- What is the purpose of the pool (lap swimming, games, lounging, etc) which helps to determine shape and size - then price
- Type of "additional" features you may want (waterfall, fountains, bubblers, type filtration, auto-timers, etc)
- Just a pool, or spa spill-over too?

So many things to consider that effect your price. Keep good notes, do some searching on this site for new builds, and you'll be more prepared to discuss appropriately with the builder. Good luck!

Yep...$40K is about the going rate in these parts for a relatively basic pool. I considered building a sports pool at my former house. We had priced in a few options such as a gas heater, waterfall, and PebbleTec surface and we were in the upper 40's for that configuration about 5 years ago. So a $40K base seems entirely plausible.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Our pool was built 3 years ago just under 40k. No spa. Spa adds at least 10k to the price. We added a standalone tub 18 months ago on a covered patio for about 5500. More comfortable, energy efficient, closer to the house, all around better in our opinion. We use our hot tub at least 5 days a week, rain or snow or shine.

Call Reber Pools to see what a basic starting price is these days. They have been our neighbor for 9 years and built our pool 3 years ago.

My husband and I are considering a new pool and made a few calls to local pool companies but were surprised to hear that the starting cost was $40k and above.... can anyone tell me if this is about average for the area? Thanks in advance!

Very average for something pretty basic. Out here you can add 20 to that unless you want a spa. Add 30k if you do. We are short on builders here, even with the slow down.

Here in Houston - I interviewed quite a few builders and they were all VERY similar. Basically 30K for pool 10K for spa (minimal decking, not fun stuff, white lights, plain plaster, basic equipment). Everything you add - bumps the price up and up and up. For a normal pool and spa that you see---you are looking at about $50 (extra decking, pebbletec, spillover) - then if you want rocks and waterfalls and slides - the sky is the limit.