Inground Liner pool leak.

Bvd

Jun 16, 2015
Bear, De
Hi I have a inground pool 4 years old losing about an 1.5 inches in 24 hours. I have let it drain down and it stops at the 3/4 up the lights, just under where the conduit comes out. I thought it was that so I plugged it back up & its still leaking. Water is far below the skimmer & returns. When it stopped at that level, it stayed for a couple of days without losing any more water, so I thought for sure I found it in the light conduits. No leaks near equipment , no leaks at backwash. Tried to dye test around skimmer wells & nothing I could see there, tried around both steps , thought maybe leaking around them. Went all around pool at that light level & could not find any obvious rips or tears. I do have a main drain, but thought if that was leaking it would have kept leaking below the lights & not have stopped for 2 days. Anybody have any ideas?

I drained the pool down a little to be able to work in the light. Pumped both lights with 100 % silicone, then as an extra measure put some Duct Seal over it. Waited 24 hours & filled up pool. I have tried the food coloring in both lights & could not see anything that would indicate a leak. Someone told me to plug the main drains & see what happens. I just thought it would have kept leaking down past the lights if it was the main drains, but I'm about to try anything at this point..

- - - Updated - - -

I meant to say both light conduits...:)

Sounds like you sealed the lights pretty well. If your main drain has a leak plugging would be a good way to check. Odd that it would be at the same height as the light fixture but certainly possible. Have you tried pressure checking any of the lines?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.