Black stain

GAZZA

Dec 12, 2008
Hi everyone
i think i have a major problem with my pool it is a 45,000 litre ,i have black spot which i am trying like mad to get rid of,i have use a product call pool drops http://www.algaefreeaustralia.com/Web%2 ... aefree.pdf

The black spot is going but i think i may of used to much ,i have used 3 bottles of this in 3 months and now i have a black line around the water line and all the white PVC fittings are starting to turn black/grey colour ,is there to much copper or metals in the water that is causuing this and what is the best way to get rid of the staining if any ...please help :(

What you describe sounds like copper staining. We do not recommend copper based algaecides in this forum for precisely this reason. If you could post a full set of test results and info about your pool, filtration, and method of chlorination we can help you get things corrected. I strongly recommend you read the pool school section of the forum at least twice (link is in my signature). It will give you the basics you need to understand how to properly care for your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.