How to reduce TA from 150 to 80 quickly?

Going forward, I will be using my own pool testing equipment because my chemistry is screwed up relying upon the pool store test results.

My TA is 150 (though the pool store said it was 109). This increase is attributable to adding Borax (I think). I want to swim right now and my PH is 7.5. Any thoughts on a quick fix?

You should swim if your TA was 500ppm without worries. TA is one of the least important parameters in keeping the pool clean and safe.

Your pH is fine, but what is your FC and CYA? That determines if the pool is safe.

With a supposed CYA of 70ppm, you need to keep the FC above 5ppm at all times to keep the pool clear and safe.
See the FC/CYA Chart.

Oh, unless you are running the SWG in your signature, then you need to keep the FC above 3ppm at all times.

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.