Going Out of Town

May 26, 2014
Las Vegas NV
I'm going out of town for several days and also need to raise my CYA a bit. If I add enough Dichlor to cover the 3-4 days it will add just the right amount of CYA I also need based on the pool calculator. Any problems in doing this?

Thanks in advance!
Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks! The only reason I was going to take the dichlor route was the pucks I have dissolve really slowly and when I used them in the past were having a hard time keeping up with the daily chlorine amount needed? I guess I can test the pucks over the next day or so to see if they can keep up. It's been 110 out here in Vegas and don't want to come back to a green swamp.

LOL! Is there a formula for how many pucks to keep up with 2.5-3 units a day? Also, does flow have anything to do with chlorine loss? For some reason it seems during the period when I'm running my pump at a lower speed, if I run it at 1000 rpm instead of 1500 rpm chlorine loss seems higher. Does that make sense?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.