First test with TF-100/K1000

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
So I just did my first test with the FT-100. I did each test twice new kit just wanted to make sure of results . So hears what I have.
FC - 3
TC - .5 So combined 3.5?

CH - 225 looks low

TA - 110

CYA - 46

With the k 1000
PH - 8 looks in-between 7.8 & 8.2
CL - 5

Also the pool is Salt SWCG not working the last two pool supply reading 3000 & 3300.
So it looks like I need to elevate the calcium CL looks low also. I have one bag of Cal-Hypo I don't think it would hurt to use it. I do want start using liquid CL from what i've read better choice. So anyway Had some fun with the TF 100 , if there is one disappointment for what it cost the case is horrible, I will be making a new one.
Any comments on my test results ? Salt level testing suggestions ? (debating on replacing SWCG) My goal is to be pool store advice free.
Thanks DAve

It is fun to do! Your Ph is a little high. Use pool math to see what to add to bring it down to around 7.4.

Your FC is at the lowest point for you CYA. You will learn where you need to put it in the morning or night to keep it above the min. for the day.

Good job!

kim

You got a FC of 3 and a CC of 0.5 .... giving a TC of 3.5, but we do not care about the TC.
CYA should be round to up to a multiple of 10ppm.

You need to lower that pH down back into the 7s and raise the FC up higher if the SWG is not functioning.

CH tends to rise due to evaporation, so I am not sure I would raise it ... guess it depends on your top-off water and how much rain you get.

What is wrong with the case?

Thanks . On the case it just seems like on of those off the shelf Harbor freight items. IMO the chemicals should all be standing upright, when I opened it up one of the chemicals did leak a little it was damp inside. Don't get me wrong I think the TF 100 is going to give me control of my pool.
As for the Calcium hardness the test kit recommends 250 to 400 so I set a target of 325 , which would mean a adding 14LBS Calcium Chloride if I used the pool math calculator correctly ? I will lower the PH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.