Seeking any Alumawood Reviews

santacruzpool

Gold Supporter
Feb 24, 2015
Santa Cruz, CA
We are just about to pull the trigger on ordering an Alumawood lattice shade structure for our pool project. At this point I will be installing it. We have the steel support posts all set in our concrete and are ready to order the rest of it.

I have a sample of the material and like the looks of it. I would love any feedback or reviews anyone has of their existing Alumawood structures. Any pros or cons, installation tips or problems. There are a lot of threads were people mention they are putting them it - but not much followup to share how they like them.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

hello! Sorry you haven't received a reply about your lattice project. In my short time at TFP, I don't recall seeing Alumawood discussed, but it may be in the database by doing a search - unless you've tried that already. :)

In any case, I hope someone chimes-in soon for you. Have a nice day.

I have done a bit of searching - and there are a few builds that mention it - none have followups though. I saw a new build just yesterday and in the specs was an Alumawood cover. Hopefully someone will see this and give me some feedback! Anyone!

Ours (below) was built with the main competitor to Alumawood and been very pleased so far... my parents have the alumawood and zero issues as well.

20150305_191440-M.jpg

Is that what they call it?

We have a slatted patio cover made out of that. It was here when we moved in. About all I've noticed is that the accumulated dust, when it gets washed by the infrequent rain, stains the paint in streaks right below the lattice so the crossbeams look lousy. And painting lattice is a PITA, so I haven't bothered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.