Bottom rail not meeting, like off by 6",

Tere

Bronze Supporter
May 30, 2015
Colorado Springs
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j392/Teresa_Lundquist/10325503_10200542602405009_4525887201042335359_n_zps9ealc3ys.jpg

The rails on the bottom just don't meet. Sigh, I was trying to set the patio blocks up with each vertical support bracket with a diameter at 18 ft. This is the last one and no way is it going to connect. If I pull all the connections tight I have a hard time figuring what the diameter should be to measure each one so they all match. This is on a used Lomart supposedly 18 ft pool. Maybe it's not an 18, could it be 17? or is 18 ft pool not really 18 ft?:mad:

Pigeonlove, it seems to make a big difference where I level the patio blocks, sigh. If I change the diameter all the blocks move. I am very geometry deficient. I read somewhere there is no set 18 ft diameter could vary. I could use 2 patio blocks under the plates to expand the surface the bottom plate sits but it means leveling 28 blocks. Each block is hard enough. The mosquitos are bad here and it's hot, I'm cranky, Went on a no sugar diet, bad idea. I hear people install pools with beer.

Re: Bottom rail not meeting, like off by 6",

It is better to install them AFTER beer. :-D

This is the hard part, just have to slog through it. There is no way to make it be not fun.

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm, that sentence doesn't make perfect sense.

Re: Bottom rail not meeting, like off by 6",

This is the absolute worst part! This and getting the VERY HEAVY wall into the track just so. If it is frustrating you take a break and get back to it when you are fresh. If you feel the diameter is off you could always unroll your wall and measure it.

- - - Updated - - -

I was just out swimming with the kids, it's all worth it! (Side note: the Sheriff stopped by while we were in the pool, parked on the ditch bank road and walked over. I actually thought to myself, "what did I do?" He thanked me for the awesome party we just had that his granddaughter can't stop talking about. All worth it!)

Im going with u need to adjust the bottom rails to fit within the siderail foot print. They dont need to meet as mentioned. However when you put in the pool wall u may need to maneuver a bit to align all side post with ur blocks. Possibly even add a block somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I emailed Lomart and the manager said set the blocks so the bottom plate is to the center/inside. Make all the rails touch. Then set the metal side wall in the track and it it's too big the base plates can all move out toward the back of the patio blocks. I did actually measure the length of the wall and it configures to a 17'9"pool. SO I set about as that is my target. I have added 1 extra block to be able to shift the circle of track around if need be. I leveled all the dang blocks with in 1/2 inch only only one is 1/2" low the rest all on target. I used a bunyip, water level. I will go back and rent a laser level when I'm almost set. I didn't want to rent one day and go back another if I needed major adjustments. I used the level 2 blocks at low point move on to next all the way around, LOL only 1/2" on one block was off, wow 13 others were 1/8 to 1/4" off I realize though adding all those off marks could add up, thus the laser level.

Can I ask, before you set your pavers, did you put the rail and boot plates together first to get your paver placements around the perimeter? It would look like this....

Deep breath.... If you have to do it over, do it. I know it's hard, I've done it more times than you want to believe. You'll appreciate all the hard work you've done by doing it right and people are telling you that the pool looks amazing.

And go buy some beer. Don't torture yourself.

Casey, yep, I did that a few dozen times. And to day Tah Dah we did a dry run with the pool wall and the metal base rail showed we need to separate the tracks to had an overall 5 " gap, so spread 5" over 14 connections. I was proud of the dry run. I did have to add patio blocks ( maybe 2 like your photo shows) under each mid section to support the rails and will did them in more permanently. After I level those or maybe the day we get the laser level we will have a leveling partee.

The seam where the ends join had been stuck together( the wall came rolled up and has bolted together and a crease in the wall, I flattened it well), I sprayed with rust buster and after 3 days it separated, YES! so now we took the walls out of the track and rolled it up again.

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.