Hello from Upstate New York

Jon in Albany

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2015
Latham, NY
Hi. I'm Jon in Albany, NY. We are in the process of having a pool installed and I found this forum looking for information on water monitoring. I'm very new to pools. This is the only one I've ever had and it isn't fully built yet. I look forward to poking around here and learning how to run a pool.

Another "hello" to you Jon. Welcome. You have some links already, and now a few more in my signature. :) Once you get your pool going, make sure to add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

In the meantime, look around, ask questions, and make sure you have your own TF-100 test kit in-hand on the day you accept your pool. :) Congrats!

Thank you so much. I spend a lot of time on a pizza forum so all of this pool reading will be a nice change of pace. I'll be ordering a TF100 tonight. I'll update that information too. I know it's a variable speed pump and a sand filter, but I don't know the brands offhand.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you so much. I spend a lot of time on a pizza forum so all of this pool reading will be a nice change of pace. I'll be ordering a TF100 tonight. I'll update that information too. I know it's a variable speed pump and a sand filter, but I don't know the brands offhand.

Delmar here .....

What pizza places do you recommend?? I assume you have been to Bacchus (something like that) in Troy? My friend had a birthday party there and the owner told us all about his oven that he built. It was very cool!

My favorite locally is DeFazio's in Troy. I've been to Bachus a few times. They went through a hit or miss phase but I've heard they are back on track. If you are in Schenectady, I like Marino's.

I picked up a little propane pizza oven so most of the pizza I eat now is homemade.

f3a928b6bb2f5b7ea89525d2a758b19e.jpg

Defazio's in Troy is absolutely fantastic. That and I Love's gives you two sides of the pizza spectrum within a couple blocks. The chicken pesto pizza at Defazios is by far my favorite. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks E9A. I've already learned so much poking around here.

Kimkats -anytime. I picked up a case of pizza boxes and we occasionally do delivery. The kids love that. The long term plan is to build a wood oven at the house. Sometimes it seems like I'll never get to it...some day.