The liner is here! Now what?!

As a continuing Saga, I had issues with our liner we installed last year in our above ground 21x42 pool. So we decided to buy a new liner. After much aggravation with National Pool Wholesalers (to read the whole complaint, feel free to look it up on the BBB site, too long to type here), and several wasted weeks, I got my money back from them and reordered through another company. The liner should be here tonight, and its on schedule to get installed tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday). We have very hard well water, and last year we filled mostly with the well. Thsi year, we plan to get several truck loads of water.

My question is, when we install it on wednesday, we plan to let the hose run in it through the night, which wont put much more than a few inches of water in the bottom, then in the morning, my husband will work with any wrinkles that there may be, and then will be there when a truckload of water comes in the evening. Does this sound like it should work ok? And should I get a special chemical to put in from the very beginning since some of the water will be very 'hard'? Or just wait until the whole pool is filled and hooked up to the sand filter and then treat from there? I do have my pool test kit bought that is suggested on here, but obviously wont test until it is full and ready to circulate.

Thank you so much

Ally

I wouldn't put too much water in there overnight. even a little bit of water can make straightening the liner difficult. if you aren't putting much water in it and relying on the truck to fill, you wont have very much metals/calcium in the water to worry about. right off the bat get your chlorine in to 2ppm and your stabilizer to get to 30ppm. once the stabilizer is dissolved, proceed with your FC levels at CYA of 30

A few inches and you will not be able to adjust any wrinkles out of the floor. There are no magic chemicals to reduce the hardness of water. Trucking in good water is a good decision on your part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.