AG liner question...

coffeegoddss

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2012
Minooka, IL
So after shooing my son out off the deck when I found him playing with the vacuum/skimmer pole by stabbing it into the pool - *facepalm* - it now appears that we have a small hole in our AG pool. Smack in the middle of the floor. We're hoping it's patchable but I've always been a worst-case scenario person and am researching new liners while waiting for my husband to get home and attempt the patch.

We have unibead j liner now - only five years old. :/ It's a 21ft pool; 54". I'm looking at new liners and everything seems to be coming in 48" or 52". 54" is really hard to find. Did the standard specs change and 54" just not as common anymore? Or is it something with the j liners that I'm not grasping? I would think I need the 54" seeing as that's how high the pool walls are. Why is 52" so much more common?

The patches work pretty good. My liner had 2 holes in it after the installation. I didn't want to deal with draining and refilling so we just patched them. No leaks after 4years and patch is still holding strong.

No sure about the 54"wall as mine is 52".

We just bought our pool this year and most of the more expensive ones were 54", mid range were 52", and cheaper pools were 48". Not sure if that is always true or just a local anomaly but 54" is definitely still being made.

Being that our pool is new I've never replaced a liner, but will it stretch the 2 inches maybe?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.