Scupper/Bubbler/Pump plumbing

Eddd

May 5, 2015
Frisco, TX
Hey there! We finally signed the dotted line and our pool build starts as soon as permits clear! :grin:

Since this is my first pool and my first pool build (scary), I have a dilemma that I need some experienced expertise in. My pool will have 3 scuppers and 2 bubblers. I am getting the iAquaLink-PS4, which will control 4 items (pump, polaris, LED lights, and scuppers). The standard way my pb plums bubblers is with the rest of the returns, i.e., if the pump is running, the bubblers are going. Besides this raising PH, I just don't want that. There is a valve at the equip-pad that I can turn on/off the bubblers, so that is good, but I could instead run the bubblers WITH the scuppers. i.e., scuppers/bubblers on, or both off (controlled with iLink). Of course I can still manually control bubblers and shut them off so just the scuppers are on, but I would not be able to have just bubblers on.

The Question: should I connect the bubblers with the rest of the returns, or connect with the scuppers.

note: it is $500 more to upgrade to the PS6 and add the actuator so I could control each independantly )I think), but I am already $4000 over budget because of 'little' $500 upgrades and changes... so the buck stopped.

Gallacher, Keith4_003.jpg

Just me personally, in our pool I have the option to control our out-going water to either the return jets and/or waterfall. Since bubblers and scuppers fall into more of that "aesthetically pleasing" side as opposed to the functionality of the return jets, I might tend to keep them separate - jets separate from the scuppers/bubblers - or at least have the ability to separate with a valve. That's just me. :) Perhaps your builder might even be able to install yet another valve to specifically control scuppers and bubbles separately? .... at a cost of course. :)

UPDATE: apparently there was some miscommunication with the sales guy. Talked with the PM and clarified that although they do recommend the bubblers run with the jets, they will have a manual valve, so I can shut them off if I want. Also the jets will always be on when pump is on, so the actuator does not divert the water top the scuppers, it just opens that gate, so between the actuator and the manual valve, I could actually just have bubblers on, or just scuppers, or both.

That works.

I have bubblers on my beach shelve ( work with pool return only ) but PB installed nozzles that shoot to the sides rather then straight up. They are adjustable and allow me to point them to direct flow of the water on shelve. This keeps my shelve clean since pool cleaner will not go up on shelve!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.