Is leslie's instant conditioner cya

grottoguy

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
NJ
I went to Leslie's and asked for CYA and they gave me "Instant Conditioner" The one gallon bottle states that it is comprised of 35% monosodium cyanurate monohydrate. An asterik by this number states that this is equivalent to 30% cyanuric
acid.

If I am using Pool Math and want to raise my CYA, is this what Pool Math calls "Liquid Stabilizer"

FYI:

My test numbers today were: PH 7.4; CL (test from blue box) 1.0-2.0 (not exactly sure); CH 200; TA 120; CYA (between 50-60); FC 1.5; Combined Chloramines .5 I think I need to raise CYA to maintain more Chlorine.

Thanks

If I remember correctly Leslie's carries Natural Chemistry Instant Conditioner. Yes, that is CYA or aka Stabilizer. You have two different types of conditioner/stabilizer. Instant (liquid) is poured into the pool and results in a much quicker rise to CYA levels. Solid (granular) is slowly dissolved over a period of days to raise your CYA. As you would expect the instant conditioner is more expensive than the granular.

Check the directions on the bottle but if I remember correctly 1 gal per 10,000 gallons of water to raise CYA 32 ppm.

Old (pool store) habits are hard to break. :) But generally speaking, you'll find anywhere from 25-50% increase in those pool store prices as compared to Wal-Mart or your local grocery store. I generally only go to the "pool store" when I need a specialty part, toy, or as a morale-booster of sorts as I watch others do what I used to before TFP ... spend! $$$$$$$

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.