Stuck rubber ball!

jk1976

Jul 26, 2012
Pool: 600 square feet gunnite pool with attached spa

In order to drain my pool to prepare for painting/resurfacing, I needed to seal the spa pipes. Since I didn't have the proper plugs, I found 2 round rubber balls (slightly different sizes) to seal the 2 spa pipes.

It worked great. Pool is now empty as I research masonry finishes.

When draining was complete, I went to retrieve balls but 1 was missing. It must have been sucked into line at the very end. Do I run the garden hose in the pipe where I inserted the ball, however, I fear pushing it farther? I'm not sure where this pipe leads (either to pool return or back to pumping station. Likely not Skimmer since it is on opposite side of pool.)

Other posts mentioned Drain King. Is this available at Home Depot/Lowes?

Information appreciated!!

A Drain King would need to be put in from the opposite end to push the ball out.

The first thing I'd try would be a shop vac on the pipe where you inserted the ball. Might have to apply and release suction several times to jiggle it loose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.