Suction problems

dkaff

Jun 16, 2015
BAKERSFIELD
Hello All! I am having problems keeping my pool clean. I have an approximately 30,000 gallon, freestyle shaped in ground pool. It has pentair pumps, a waterfall feature, a vacuum line and a skimmer. I have used a Creepy Krauly cleaner since having the pool built around 10 years ago. It has a cartridge style filter which I clean regularly. The Kreepy Krauly seems to have stopped working recently so I replaced it with a new, generic version. I have noticed for the past few months that I have had to move the main valve (that regulates the suction between the vacuum and skimmer lines to get enough suction to power the Kreepy Krauly. I am also having to clean the cartridges much more frequently that I have had to in the past. i replace those cartridges last year with generic ones, instead of the original Pentair. The chemistry in my pool is pretty good, but it seems to be a constant struggle to keep the cleaner going. I have checked the lines for blockage and they appear clear. I have also noticed that if I hook a small section of the Kreepy Krauly hose and hooked it into the skimmer port it causes the suction to rise significantly and the cleaner works much better, but I know that it's not supposed to work this way. Any suggestions as to what could be causing such an issue? Thanks in advance for any help :)

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

I see two probable issues.

1. The Kreepy Krawly is not a very powerful cleaner and that's a pretty big pool. A robot (not a cheap one) would do a quicker, better job.

2. Reading between the lines, it sounds like you are trying to fix a chemistry problem with filtration and that never works.

Your filtration only clogs because there is dirt or organics in your water....likely organics. You need to kill them with proper chemistry and not try to get them out with filtration.

Can you post a complete set of test results? How do you test your water? How often?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.